Tuesday, January 24, 2006

brave men run in my family.

Apparently today is the most depressing day in the year (according to the radio). Holiday debt is now catching up with people, and vacations are nowhere near in sight. May 18th, however, is supposed to be the happiest day. Well, that's only 4 months away.
Today kind of sucked because I kept on spilling things. I spilled pickle juice on the floor, as well as my pants, spilled teriyaki sauce on my pants too, as well as the floor. I got water all over the bathroom floor, and also almost slipped to my death. As radiohead would say "I'm on a roll" (I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll, this time, I feel my luck could change) Although I don't know about my luck changing so quickly.
So, I took off half a day to see about my heater. Sometimes it makes this weird sound downstairs, and upstairs it always made this strange sound. Well, the repair guy fixed the problems-or as well as they could be fixed. Suprisingly, he came on time. (The place had estimated between 1 and 4-he came at 1:45).
After the guy came, I went for a stroll around hagerstown. There's this sign asking if you've got smoke alarms. And this kid holding a smoke detector with a milk moustache. It finally occured to me what the sign was supposed to be spoofing. I just thought they took a random picture of a kid trying to get rid of his moustache (like a woman would). I totally didn't get it for months, and today it just clicked. Mystery solved. Now I can sleep at night.

No comments: